View Single Post
Old February 12th, 2009, 09:37 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc
Where is the report on CruiseMates news page? This is not even on Events at Sea yet.

Are you making up the report? If not, you need to provide a report to CruiseMates, CNN, etc.
I am NOT making this up. You can call Carnival to confirm. And I dont know why its not listed yet, I did look for it when I got home this afternoon but was not able to find it. It happend this am at around 2.30 on the Upper Deck in Cabin U223. I am sure that there will be MORE people to post, once everyone gets home. I just happend to live closer to Galveston then some.

I called Carnival and spoke with a sup. I was told that it was a small fire (how small I dont know, it did cause quite a bit of smoke and several cabins on that deck were not available to their occupants for at least 3 hours and at least one passenger had to be moved - I was in line behind her at the pursers desk - and one couple in line to disembark were not allowed back into their cabin right away and thier carpet was soaking wet). Carnival is stating that they are trying to keep it quiet. I suppose it would be bad plubicity. So I suppose that is why there are not any reports about it.