View Single Post
Old February 12th, 2009, 09:05 PM
Cruise Maniac

It was an overall good cruise. I do have a couple of complaints.

The first has to do with the check in. No lines, great folks. I was asked for the card that I booked with, I told the lady that I did not want to use that card for anything, she told me that it was being used to verify my ID. I gave her the card and she swiped it. I told her again that I did not want ANTHIING on that card as I had cash to establish an account. I went aboard and went immediatly to the pursers desk to do that. A couple of days later, I checked my account, and lo and behold Carnival was holding $50. I went to the pursers desk to ask why and was told it was for gratuties. But they also took $50 from my cash account. As I was traveling alone, I knew that I should only be $50 total. So it took about 10 minutes to get it fixed, the hold was released today.

2nd complaint: I never NOT ONCE saw my cabin steward. I had booked a 1A and did not have any clue about the bed. I kept hitting my head at night, I talked to another cruiser who told me how to pull the bed out. I had tried paging my cabin steward on at least 3 different occisions and tried to find him/her in the hall or by asking other crew. Never saw him. I did get my cabin cleaned daily and I got the turn down so I know he was there somewhere.

I will say that the cruise director was awesome. The table service was very good. I have a food allergy and they bent over backwards to make sure that I was taken care of. The entertainment was very nice. I loved every aspect of my trip. I did not care much for Cozumel, I did love Progresso however. Nothing above will stop me from crusing on Carnival again. I left the highest marks on the comment card. I just wish that the crew had of been more visable during the fire.