View Single Post
Old February 13th, 2009, 02:31 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by briguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbowman
It was an overall good cruise. I do have a couple of complaints.

The first has to do with the check in. No lines, great folks. I was asked for the card that I booked with, I told the lady that I did not want to use that card for anything, she told me that it was being used to verify my ID. I gave her the card and she swiped it. I told her again that I did not want ANTHIING on that card as I had cash to establish an account. I went aboard and went immediatly to the pursers desk to do that. A couple of days later, I checked my account, and lo and behold Carnival was holding $50. I went to the pursers desk to ask why and was told it was for gratuties. But they also took $50 from my cash account. As I was traveling alone, I knew that I should only be $50 total. So it took about 10 minutes to get it fixed, the hold was released today.

2nd complaint: I never NOT ONCE saw my cabin steward. I had booked a 1A and did not have any clue about the bed. I kept hitting my head at night, I talked to another cruiser who told me how to pull the bed out. I had tried paging my cabin steward on at least 3 different occisions and tried to find him/her in the hall or by asking other crew. Never saw him. I did get my cabin cleaned daily and I got the turn down so I know he was there somewhere.

I will say that the cruise director was awesome. The table service was very good. I have a food allergy and they bent over backwards to make sure that I was taken care of. The entertainment was very nice. I loved every aspect of my trip. I did not care much for Cozumel, I did love Progresso however. Nothing above will stop me from crusing on Carnival again. I left the highest marks on the comment card. I just wish that the crew had of been more visable during the fire.

If there was a fire on board with little or no assistance from staff I certainly wouldnt have left high marks on the comment card. Also, no cabin steward to help you would also cause me to mark down the card. Somebody ought to be fired for the lack of direction on a shipboard fire. There is simply no excuse whatsoever for this serious event. Keep in contact with Carnival and voice yours concerns until you are satisfied.
I turned the card in before the fire. Trust me, had I not have turned it in, they would not have gotten such a high remark. I did note on the card about my cabin steward.