Thread: Norwegian Pearl
View Single Post
Old February 13th, 2009, 06:26 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonialdurgin
Thanks so much Mike, I appreciate the info.....We are taking our fifth cruise next month and are debating on Norwegian or Carnival. We have never tried the freestyle cruising and thought it would be a change but are concerned about all the hidden charges that people talk about when it comes to freestyle cruising.
Just to let you know, NCL has no more hidden costs than any other line: yes, bowling is about $5 or I have been told, yes, there are charges for the specialty dining rooms (lower I may add than other lines) Bingo is over priced, again like most lines, drinks are a little higher than some lines, less than others. Of course there are charges for things like bowling which you already figured out...NCL is one of the few lines that offers free capachino.(spelling) I have never figured out where this comes from , extra charges. If you ask people to explain what is hidden most can't come up with much of anything.

Only you can make the choice as to what is best for you, but if extra charges are your main concern, remember, you do not have to purchase anything or spend money you do not choose to spend. Some will come off the ship with thousands of $$s in charges, other with not one penny except gratuities.

Nita