View Single Post
Old February 16th, 2009, 04:06 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Mrs. Kuki and I disembarked the Fantasy today, after a ton of fun on the 4 day "Rehab" cruise. Great group of "rehabbers"!

During the rehab cruise, a member of the CC group who also stayed on the ship, told me that their group didn't receive the amenities of the Champagne and chocolate covered strawberries they were promised. Though it had been advertised, onboard they were told their group didn't have enough amenity points for those things which were advertised.

At least you Blog2NOLA folks got what we promised!

We're staying in New Orleans for 2 nights, so we weren't in a rush to leave, as we figured we wouldn't be able to check into the hotel.

About 9 AM we got antsy, so decided to disembark (though we could have used priority disembark). We headed down when they were calling #s 10, 11 and 12. As we got to the embarkation area they held the group in the lobby for about 25 minutes... no idea why. Then the process moved very slowly from there, almost an hour total.

It took longer to disembark the vessel than it did at embarkation. No idea why they were calling people's #s to disembark, when they couldn't.

Of course we couldn't get our hotel room that early, but we left our bags, and headed to "qaurter", had an excellent "brunch" at Mothers. When we left the line was out the door.

Now we're checked in and resting before heading out to see a couple of Mardi Gras parades.

On Wed. we fly (hope AA doesn't see my video) to Antigua to board the Silvesea Silver Shadow for 17 nights. I'll be writing daily reports for CruiseMates.... so hope you come cruise along with us!

It was TERRIFIC meeting everyone!!!