View Single Post
Old February 18th, 2009, 10:25 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuki
One final comment from me about the Blog2NOLA group, and the other Bloggers groups.

There were two other groups onboard, though CruiseMates had the largest group, and I met many terrific people from the other groups within the Blogger's Group.

It was the other "group leaders" I was a little bit disappointed in. We planned our PJ party the first night onboard, and invited all the groups to participate, as it was meant to be a group... the Blogger's group.

Unfortunately the other group leaders wanted to keep their groups "private", and didn't extend the same invitation to those in the CM group that we had... to include everyone.

Somewhat sad that keeping their group activities "private" was more important than letting it all flow...IMHO

The 5 days were jam-packed, so it wouldn't have made a difference, but the attitude displayed could have been better.

In all fairness, yes, Cruisemates was the largest group...but that is because Cruise Critic does 10 -15 group cruises a year with Carnival...not one. That certainly dilutes the "draw pool".

Secondly, none of the other groups had a speciality party like the PJ party. If we had, then everyone would have been invited, because this PJ party cost Cruisemates nothing.

CC had a tea (just like y'all~ which only Cruisemates was invited to,..no one else) and CC had a Cocktail Party (just like y'all ~which only Cruisemates was invited it...no one else). Had the other groups had a "speciality party"...I am sure it would have been opened to everyone because again...it would have have cost anyone any additional money.

Big Ed's Group had an hour in the Piano Bar for Adam to play and it was only open to Big Ed's Evil Krewe, because John was paying for the champagne and it would not have been fair to increase the cost out of his pocket by inviting everyone.

Big Ed's Group also had a Baby Shower for John that we spent a good deal of money on. That was the only other activity that I can think of...but just like "outsiders" were not invited to any activity that Cruisemates PAID FOR... no one was invited to this except those who paid for it.

I think there were more than enough activities to go around and I did not see anyone being "left out".

We had a great time and look forward to the Dream in December.

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND