View Single Post
Old February 26th, 2009, 08:25 PM
Admiral

Sid1962,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
As I mentioned above, we just didn't want to do the formal night thing. We didn't do it on Adventure of the Sea last October, and were pretty happy about it. We were talked into going to the main dining room on one formal night (by the head waiter) even though we didn't bring any formal attire. We just felt a little out of place, and don't want to experience that again. Hence the questions on the alternate dining venues.

We by no means would wear shorts and the like to dinner; slacks and a nice shirt. We just didn't feel like lugging all the formal attire, or me renting a tux. We have done that a ton of times, and truth be told, for us it's wearing a bit thin.

So we will avail ourselves of the alternate dining venues on the formal nights. We will also do Oceans at least once.
Ah, are you aware that the "formal" evenings are the evenings when the main dining room serves up its best menus of the cruise the extra touches that don't happen on other evenings? Those are precisely the evenings when I would NOT miss dinner in the main dining room. By all means, either pack or rent the tux!

But your choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
Do you recall who you need to see for reservations by any chance?
IIRC, there's a telephone number that you can call before 5:00 PM to make a reservation.

Norm.