Thread: Norwegian Pearl
View Single Post
Old March 2nd, 2009, 02:49 PM
Cruise Maniac

We just got back yesterday from our cruise on the Pearl from 2/22-3/1.
I can't answer your question about the room but we had a wonderful time on this ship and everything went great.

First let me tell you that we have sailed on the Jewel last October and in the past few cruises have been on the Spirit and Star which are in the same class as the Pearl. Overall, we found the Pearl to be the best of the lot.

The food was delicious and there was a great variety. Many people that we spoke to loved the Garden Cafe' (buffet) for dinner. We ate there mostly for breakfast or lunch. We also ate at the specialty restaurants (Cagney's, Mombo's and Lotus Garden). We think that even with the surcharge, the specialty restaurants are a good deal. NCL also offered a 2-for-1 deal at these restaurants on the port days.

The shows were good and we had two comedian shows, the Jean Ann Ryan Dance troupe reviews and 2nd City Improv that were very enjoyable.

There were a fair amount of kids on our cruise and the parents that we spoke to indicated that the kids were having a great time.

I used the pool a lot and also used the climbing wall daily. This was better than I had anticipated.

If you have any specific questions. Please let me know. I brought home all of the "Freestyle Daily" schedules and since many of the events carry-over, I may be able to give you more info.
-Jim