View Single Post
Old March 5th, 2009, 06:42 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Just wondering how did you get to the beach in Cabo? We have always wanted to do that there.
Cabo San Lucas. We always walk to Solimar Beach via the lobby of the Hotel Solimar, and go south to the end of the beach for a little sunning. There is no charge for passing through the hotel. In fact, they seem to welcome anyone who visits. During a recent visit a Mexican father and son asked us if we wanted to be shown how to go the Honeymoon Beach (which is an "excursion" for the cruise lines). I always thought that one could get there if you don't mind a little bit of "boulder hopping." We politely declined, but they continued on over the rocks. I later climbed to the top of the "first bit of rocks," which revealed that it would take another bit of boulder hopping to actually get to that beach. WE usually spend an hour or two on the beach, which is almost vacant of people, before going back to the hotel. At any rate, we usually go back to the Hotel Solimar for a couple of fish tacos and a beer before returning back to the ship. To get to Solimar Beach, just go towards the Pacific Ocean off of the cruise dock (it's only about 1/4 mile). We saw whales off of Cabo, plus I witnessed a stingray leaping and flipping near the ship on one trip on the Golden Princess.