View Single Post
Old March 9th, 2009, 02:43 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Re: LAST MINUTE CRUISE OFFICE, IS THERE SUCH AN ANIMAL ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjfitzy
I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT THE MAJOR PORTS LIKE FT. LAUDERDALE AND MIAMI HAVE A LAST MINUTE CRUISE DEAL OFFICE WHICH ONE CAN VISIT IN ORDER TO GET IN ON DEALS ON SHIPS WHICH ARE GOING OUT WITHIN THAT WEEK OR EVEN WITHIN DAYS. I AM AWARE OF MANY WEB SITES WHICH OFFLOAD SIMILAR INVENTORY BUT NOT USUALLY AT THE ABSOLUTE LAST MINUTE. I WAS TOLD THAT THERE WAS AN ACTUAL PORTSIDE OFFICE WHICH COULD OFFER CABINS ON SHIPS WHICH WERE LEAVING SOON. IF ONE WAS IN TOWN WITH TIME ON THEIR HANDS AND HAD THEIR PASSPORT AND THEIR CITIZENSHIP WAS US. I WOULD THINK THAT THIS WOULD BE POSSIBLE. I AM NOT SURE IF THIS WAS LINE SPECIFIC OR IF THEY HANDLED ALL LINES. THIS WAS SEVERAL YEARS AGO SO PERHAPS THE INTERNET HAS REPLACED THE BRICKS AND MORTER LOCATION. PERHAPS A PORT SIDE BROKER OR AGENCY WAS WHAT I WAS TOLD ABOUT. IS THERE SUCH A THING OR WAS MY FRIEND DREAMING ??
I've never heard of such an "office" since I started cruising. Sometimes cruise lines can sell last minute inventory but it is, at the pier, not at a specific office.

You can do a booking 24 hours in advance through any major travel service or the cruiseline. Sometimes "last minute" can be a good deal or a not so good deal, depending on what inventory is available.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me