View Single Post
Old March 15th, 2009, 03:13 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhp

Anyway, we did something new for the first time last month.

We hired a private driver and went over to the East side. For those who do not know...the East side has no electricity. Since it faces open waters with dangerous currents (unlike the WEST side that is safe) there is no major development over there.

So it is primitive and beautiful. There are about 6 - 8 bars over there..so we just bar hopped for 3 hours and had a blast.

It was $95.00 for 3 hours and $25.00 for any additional hours for up to 4 people (sometimes you can get a van that holds 8 if you give them enough notice). Gerry will even bring an ice chest if you want to stop at a grocery for ice, soda and beer.

He speaks English very well. He used to be the Maitre D at the Park Royal.

You can make your reservation through cozumeltaxi@hotmail.com. You do not have to give them a Credit Card....you just make the reservation and Gerry picks you up at the Pier.

This way you can leave the "driving" to someone else and enjoy the :liquid charm: of Cozumel and the natural beauty!!!
We're hiring Gerry when we go in June. I'm not sure I want to bar hop, but I definitely want to sit near the water and have an adult beverage...maybe under one of those thatched-roofed things. Any recommendation on which bar to go to on the "wild side"?

I am not really where I want to go. I do know I want to get some Mexican pottery at a good price. I got a name of a place from a Cozumel website. Any other ideas of where to have Gerry take us. We're not interested in spending a lot of time at the beach.