View Single Post
Old March 17th, 2009, 05:57 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsp
Well, I'd like to thank everyone for their help! We have decided to book the Carnival Splendor and after an exhaustive search I have found a travel agent. We are booking an 8C balcony stateroom and I'm currently in the process of purchasing trip insurance and making flight arrangements, as it seems cheaper to do this on my own. I would have not had the first clue in any of this had it not been for all of the information I've received from this forum. Hopefully our first cruise will be a memorable first of many memorable firsts!

Thanks,

Jeff
Ah a West Coast Cruise you picked a good ship, brand new. You will cruise out of Long Beach going to Cabo, PV and Maztlan (SP?). Cat 8C is nice. The 8S and 8P room are a new catogories on the Splendor and Dream. This description is from Travelociy for a 8S/8P. I think the difference is 8S is on the Spa deck and 8P is on the Panorama deck. I'm not 100% sure on that.
Quote:
This stateroom gives you private access to the spa, extra spa amenities, and unlimited access to the Thalassotherapy pool, the Thermal suite, and more. It also includes a private balcony, two beds, carpeting, ample drawer and closet space, private facilities

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994