View Single Post
Old March 22nd, 2009, 10:16 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to Direct to the point Dave Send a message via MSN to Direct to the point Dave Send a message via Yahoo to Direct to the point Dave
Default Re: Excursions seemed reasonable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave 3261
Just booked all my excursions on Explorer in April. The prices all seemed reasonable except for maybe dragons breath in Labadee, something like $100 to go on a zip line. I booked it anyway. I never would have gone for that much money too watch a parade.

Hey Dave..........Really,get your tour money back as you will find the same tours on the pier,dock, or in town for at least a third of the price. Where you are going it is safe to do it on your own or with another couple that you travel with or meet on the ship. Don't waste your money on their outrageous charges. In my opinion based oin my experience on this last trip they are gougers of the lowest order. Don't learn the hard way, get your money back.
And, if you ever get to Rio during their Carnival festival you can buy the same sights for as low as ten dollars and see just as much.....but then you are with "locals" and you mmay have a risk for yourself. The tourist section is the place to be and if you go it is worth every penny of the real $150.00 per ticket price that you can buy yourself witrhout giving RCI a cent. Actually......change your entire cruise to another line and you won't have toworry about being ripped off.
Dave

Carnival Victory, 2003
Carnival Victory, 2004
RCI Explorer of the Seas April, 2009