Thread: It's Friday!
View Single Post
Old March 27th, 2009, 10:35 AM
Admiral

Good morning, Mates!

Well, we have another round of thunderstorms forecasted for today, even though they have decreased the chances some. I'm thankful for the rain this week, because we have had such drought. Also, our lawn of mowed before the rains started.

Some of this and that, again today, and then this evening, if the weather cooperates, we are meeting another couple for dinner. After dinner we plan on sitting out under the trees, having a drink, and listening to some music.

Tomorrow I'm going to Sky Dive Spaceland, just south of Houston. Nope, not to sky dive (no way), but Limbs of Love is having a fundraiser there. All the proceeds will go to purchase artificial limbs for amputees. There are a lot of insurance companies that do not cover prosthetics. Among the attendees will be 15 amputee Wounded Warriors, who lost their limbs while serving in Iraq and Afghanistan. Legislature has been introduced on the local level and the national level, to require insurance companies to fund artificial limbs on par with medicare. Anyway, it sounds like something I would like to help support.

Todd, I have a feeling that Fran would argue your worth -- and you're not there, yet!

The weekend is here! Everyone enjoy!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13