Thread: Visiting Cuba
View Single Post
Old April 3rd, 2009, 10:14 PM
Admiral

I do not agree it is the communist countries goal to destroy the US. That is Mcarthy era propogada!

Having dated a man from Russia we discussed many things good and bad about their governing systems vs ours, at least Communist countries have FREE health care, unlike here where the greedy drug companies, and insurance companies are ripping everyone off, and millions of Americans with no health care!

I agree with Micheal Moore who took sick Americans to Cuba to recive drugs and treatments, and welcomed helping American citizens who could not recieve health care or afford drugs here. See the movie Sicko.

Cuba rates much higher in health care then the U.S! The same drugs we pay hundreds of dollars for are only a few dollars there.

I would like to visit this island, a goverment offical told me the old policy is still in place as a tribute to President Kennedy, but this is outdated thinking. I also plan to visit Vietnam.

I say to each country it's own,I see no need for old thinking that everyone needs to have a Capitolist system.
Our "great" country buys most of it's things from China and 3rd world companies. US companies open in places that have cheap labor and sweat shops, deplorable work conditions. Is this right? No it's Greed plain and simple. Just look at the greed in this country that caused our current economic collapse. No flag waving here, the US could learn much from countries like Canada!

I look forward to visiting Cuba one day, they are our neighbor and we need to extend the Olive branch and stop punishing the Cuban people. Both sides would win.
Carnival Pride October 2006 (Mexican Rivera)
Carnival Legend 2007 (Western Caribbean)
Carnival Glory 2009 Western Caribbean
Carnival Liberty 2011 Eastern Caribbean
Norwegian Spirit 2011 Western Caribbean
Carnival Miracle 2012 Southern Caribbean
Carnival Breeze 2013 Exotic Eastern Caribbean
Carnival Valor 2014 Southern Caribbean