View Single Post
Old April 6th, 2009, 12:53 PM
Passenger

Default Princess Crew makes Princess a step above

Just returned, yesterday, from a 7 day Southern Caribbean cruise aboard Caribbean Princess. This was my 4th cruise and 2nd on Princess and was by far my best ever. Have cruised RCCL and Carnival and I find the crew on Princess sets it apart from the other lines. The major difference in crew is the fact Princess allows the staff to hang out with the passengers when they are off duty. I went up to Skywalkers night club every night and there were always members of the crew having drinks, talking to, and dancing with the passengers which is a wonderful touch only offered by Princess. Also, after leaving Skywalkers I would go down to the Caribe cafe for a late night buffet and there was always staff in there eating. I went with my mother so I was always eating alone and the staff would ask me to sit with them for my late night meal. Also, a little known secret is on lobster night they serve the claws and other parts of the lobster not used for dinner on the late night bistro buffet. I'm a little concerned because one of the staff members told me Princess was considering ending this and forcing crew to only socialize in the crew areas which is the policy on all other cruise lines. I will be writing a full review later.