View Single Post
Old April 6th, 2009, 04:15 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosetattoo
Hands down the best excursion we have ever experienced was to Prickly Pear Island off the coast of Antigua. The island is small and only accommodates a certain amount of people. A short bus trip drops you off on a beach and you have to wade into the water to climb aboard a small motor launch that takes you to the island. They have lounge chairs and umbrellas set up on the island and rum punch (also very rustic restrooms). You could snorkel with a group around the island or just relax on the beautiful beach...my grandson found a beautiful starfish not far from the beach. The islanders were diving for conch, got those huge conchs out of their shells and sliced it up for everyone to try raw with some lime. It was the best excursion ever.
OMG, you are soooo right. That was our favorite on our last cruise (March 2009) It was so nice not to have to fight crowds of people and I tried snorkeling for the first time... I did OK, with practice I will be better.. Everyone was so nice and accommodating on that island.. Julia our tour guide was really nice.. The food was just OK to me but most loved it and of course the Rum punches were good... Strong but good. Hated to leave the island and hubby actually bought a shirt that says "Prickly Pear Island". We will definately do that again if the ship stops there... shhhh......... maybe we shouldn't tell everyone how great it was... oh, almost forgot, saw a mama and baby whale jumping way out. You could see their tails.... Best place on the whole cruise!!!!!