View Single Post
Old April 6th, 2009, 06:29 PM
Cruise Maniac

Details from me........the others can add their thoughts.

Ok, first of all it was held at the Swimming Hall of Fame in Ft Lauderdale........

As we walked in, that room was where the buffet and drinks were(even though other areas had drinks too)...........the sponser of the drinks were Barefoot Bay wine...........nothing like wine served in plastic cups..... but hey,if its free,its for me.....hahah

Lots of assorted finger foods and desserts(which started melting cuz of the heat)........not sure if they had utensils(I know we didnt have any.well, except for chopsticks for the sushi)

In that room, they had poster sized displays of the different areas of the ship........nothing we really hadnt seen before......I dont think--didnt really look at them too much............by this time, ALOT and I mean ALOT of people started piling in........

We left that room and headed outside.They played games out there........versions of Simon Says(RCCL says)..........Name that Tune(Name that ship),a ball crawl game and others.......

Then onto the pool area............we were all seated on the bleachers to watch the show.............first came the speeches by Richard Fain,Adam Goldstein and the others FLCruiser mentioned)..........they talked about the captain(Bill Wright),the hotel director(Francois Wache),etc......

Next was the show...trampolining,divers,synchronized swimmers.........

and during all this if they flashed the words WHY NOT on the overhead screens, we had to yell it out too.............

To tell the truth, at the point,I couldnt take the heat anymore and we headed out...........

I think between all the posts of those there,this covers it all..............it really was nothing spectacular............nothing at all like the NYC event was..................

Oh yea and the infamous super big model of the ship was not there.......its in the RCCL headquarters in Miami.......we were hoping to see it..