View Single Post
Old April 6th, 2009, 09:37 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlady
I have a question. This may sound dumb because I'm not a TA and have never been to this event. Was Oasis there? Where you on the ship looking at the "Aqua theater" ? If the ship wasn't there was the "aqua theater" a replica of what the "Aqua Theater" will be? Also will the theater be used for swimming during the day? Is RCL going to charge for the shows or are they including in the fare price?

I'm like most people posting here we are wondering about Oasis. Will I cruise her? Probably not she is in Florida and I'm in California. So on top of the per person cost of the cruise I would have to pay airfare.
no such thing as a dumb question.

oasis won't be in service until 1 december this year. So, we weren't on the ship.
the aqua theater is on the stern of the oasis. it will be a swimming pool during the day and a show theater at night. the bottom of the pool can be raised and lowered depending on the use at the time.
the shows will be free just like the ice shows are now.

this was a one time event at the international swimming hall of fame in fort lauderdale, fl. it was held there because the oasis will be home ported there. it was put on by rci to hype the aqua theater venue to travel agents and to designate them "royal ambassadors" for rci. rci needs all the help they can get to fill this ship along with their other ships.

I'll be glad to answer any other questions.