Thread: Saturday
View Single Post
Old April 11th, 2009, 08:34 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Delft, sounds like you are doing great. Even though I know at times you are overwhelmed.

Todd, Glad to hear you dodged the tornado bullet. I hate those things!

RD, been praying you would have a quiet, peaceful slumber last night.

Well my new friends from the heat & a/c place have left me. I couldn't let them go without at least one more visit late in the afternoon, when I realized the system was blowing cold air, and shouldn't have been. It took them about 30 minutes but they figured out the culprit and now it is running pretty well. Its hard to get used to the sound of it running. Because of the nature of how it works, it runs a lot. It is about 36 degrees outside right now out and it is about 73 degrees in the house. I have gotten so used to having the corn stove burning nearby and that intense heat, so this feels a little cool to me. But it will just take a little adjustment. We made a late night run over to Lowes last night. We picked up new floor registers since the old ones have really taken a beating over the years. I also found a couple of crawlspace vent covers to replace ones that keep falling out of their holes and a new louvered door for the laundry room. I always thought a louvered door would be better since it is the warmest room in the house when the furnace is running, louvered doors might let some heat out. This way I can also change the direction it opens from so I don't have maneuver around it with a basket full of clothes.
I picked up those anti vibration pads to put under the feet of my washer. The appliance repair guy said that reducing the vibration when my machines spins out at 1400 RPM will help keep the rubber boot seal around the door from failing so quickly and needing a repeat service call. So for $30 I'll try it. I just hope they work.
I am hoping the weather will warm up, should get up in the 50's, I could go for the 60's or 70's. But that will happen soon enough.

D/S just woke up, he came out and gave me a smootch, and asked hey can I wake up Dad? Well sure son I don't mind at all

Got to have lunch with one of my very good friends yesterday. We've shared a lot through the years. We can go long times between visits but just pick up where we left off. She is so funny and down to earth, she just lets you be yourself and let it all hang out. It is really great to spend time with her. As I shared my inlaws will be visiting in 2 weeks. I always get a little freaked out by this because my MIL while we lover her, and wouldn't trade her or anything, she is a bit of a clean freak. I always try to make sure everything is how she likes it and so I have now been transformed into a cleaning maniac. Well my good friend, is currently unemployed so she is going to come over and help me clean next week and get things organized. I know having her here with me will make an otherwise boring and monotonous task fun and enjoyable. So I am really looking forward to it. OMG did I really say that? !

Well I think thats about it for today. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Prayers being sent up for all of you who are struggling.

Read and post cruise reviews