Thread: Saturday
View Single Post
Old April 11th, 2009, 10:12 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone from the land of 10,000 almost unfrozen lakes.

It is a bluebird day here in Minnesota. The sun is shining and we are expecting a high at or above 60F. I like it.

Today will be a day of Easter basket preparation and pre-Easter food prep. I am seriously thinking of doing the Prime Rib on the grill this year. All forecasts say it will be in the mid-sixties tomorrow so it looks like the weather will cooperate.

Mongo II, my laptop, is beginning to have some problems. The power connection on the motherboard is acting up. My son took a look at it yesterday on his test bench and could see no physical problems (soder cracks or loose connections) with it so I thought it may be time for Mongo's retirement. A new motherboard will be $500 but I priced a new laptop and to get one with equivalent features and power will run almost $3,000 I may rethink my previous plan and go the motherboard route.

Todd: You're doing a great thing and you should be proud of it. If your paper has an online edition I would love to read your column.

My daughter works with her county's Humane Society and the Sheriff's department. She shelters abandoned cats for the county and is also the doctor for the K9 officers. One of her hardest duties is to go along on animal cruelty calls. I have assisted her on a few of these calls and it breaks your heart to see how people can mistreat animals.

Donna: I am sorry you aren't sleeping. Take a Dolcolax and hopefully everything will come out all right. I'll try a different tact since all the good wishes aren't working. "I hope you don't get a wink of sleep for the next three days." OK: Will see if the reverse psychology does any good.

To everyone: Have a great Easter and wonderful Sunday!

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me