View Single Post
Old April 14th, 2009, 04:50 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Mediterranean cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaching
My family and I will be going on a mediterranean cruise abord the Ruby princess in June from Rome. We will be stopping t the following ports, Monte Carlo,Florance/Pisa,Capri/Naples,Santonnai Greece,Ephesus Turkey,Athens,olympia Greece, Confu Greece,, Venice.

If possible can you please assit me with a reocomedation for an affordable hotel in Rome and Venice. We will be arriving a few days early in Rome and will spend three nights after the cruise in Venice. We will be taking the train from Vencie back to Rome for our return flight. Also what is the best way to get from Rome to the Port. Should we take a train or by private car?

Also does anyone have any recomendations on ship or private tours in these ports. I will taraveling with my wife and two boys 15 and 20. I am thinking about taking private tours in these ports insred of ship tours. any ideas thanks
I hated my roman hotel and loved my Venice hotel. It was a very short walk from the St. Lucia train station. The hotel is called the La Locanda Di Orsaria I wrote a review of this hotel on tripadvisor. Here is the link. http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...ce_Veneto.html I booked directly with the hotel. This is a budget hotel in a great location, you are in the fish part of Venice. Lido and Mestre are on the outskirts of Venice you would need to take the train or waterbus to get into the main tourist part of Venice.

There is no elevator in this hotel so if you have problems with stairs then request a room on the ground floor. They make the best cappuccinos at this hotel and the contiental breakfast is very good.http://www.locandaorsaria.com/en/home.php

Here is a map of Venice on the edge you see Stazione di Santa Lucia (Ferrovia). Ferrovia is the name of the water bus stop. If you buy a Venice orange card it includes unlimited water bus and a lot of museums.

This is a map of where the hotel is. The red thumb tack thing marks the hotel's location.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994