View Single Post
Old April 21st, 2009, 08:16 AM
Passenger

Default Oriana - Canary Islands

I have just returned from a 10-night cruise to Madeira, the Canary Islands and Vigo, Spain. This was my third P&O cruise in 18 months, first on Arcadia, second on Oceana and this one on Oriana. In terms of food and service, Arcadia was excellent, Oceana not so good, but Oriana very poor. Is this because of cost cutting due to the economic climate or just a general drop in standards? Does anyone else think that standards have dropped on P&O, especially this ship?

Additionally, is maintenance being neglected? We had one day where there was a major power failure (most of the morning) with a shorter one in the afternoon. There were a number of leaks all over the ship and water was cut off from whole decks at a time whilst work was carried out.

Notwithstanding, the ship is in a beautiful condition inside and out with plenty of comfortable places to sit and relax, especially Anderson's and the Crows Nest. It also put on the best ship's entertainment I have ever experienced - the Headliners Theatre Group.

Paul
Sponsored Links