View Single Post
Old April 22nd, 2009, 02:10 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRover
Conquest fiasco?

details please.....
Conquest is (was) a Canadian supplier. It went bankrupt last week leaving people stranded all over the Carib. Skyservice picked most of them up and brought them back to Canada but not before a lot of the hotels played havoc with the tourists by demanding money for their hotel rooms and locking them out of same. Some of the hotels in Mexico were demanding as much as $6,000.

Now, further for Kuki - you are booking Canadians through agencies in the US? Are you telling them (at least if they are from Ontario, Quebec and BC) that they have no coverage with TICO and the the comparable programs in PQ and BC that they have no coverage should something happen to the air carrier or cruiseline?

Also, I am with a large agency but we have nothing to do with Encore although I know what you are talking about. Anyway, not get into a big back and forth here (see we're civil ) but with the cost of the US $$, lack of any government aid and I do believe I get a comparable price to any agency in the US, I have never personally and would never personally buy anything with a US agency.

But that's only me................

44 cruises - too many to list however cruiselines are in no particular order:

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Yes, I'm a Royal Chump and proud of it.