View Single Post
Old April 27th, 2009, 08:06 PM
Captain

Default Re: questions for 2littletime & lfgaynor :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boy'sMom
Thank you everyone for your suggestions! We are getting very excited even though it's still 6 1/2 months away! I have a couple questions:

For 2littletime: In Costa Maya, can you please tell me more about the "market down the beach"? You said you took a local bus. What is the market called? How much was bus fare? How long did you spend there? Is the bus stop near where our ship docks? You also wrote about swimming at the pier. Is that also where the ship docks and is it a beach or pool? Is there a cost?

For lfgaynor: Can you please tell me more about the folkloric show in Cozumel? Did you arrange that privately or through Carnival's shore excursions? How far from the ship was it, how did you get there, and how much did it cost?

Thanks again everyone!
Hi There,

At the pier their are some shops and in the center of the pier area there is a large swimming pool with a swim up bar if that is your thing. The kids enjoyed the pool, there is no cost and when we were there there was no pressure to buy drinks while swimming. The buses were waiting at the end of the pier area, they took you down the main road to the beach at Majahual (sp??) it took maybe 10 minutes. I think it was $6 for our family and we were two adults, a teen and a tot. We were going to take the bus back but we ended up walking the beach instead it took about an hour to wander back. The only complaint we had about the beach is that there is a lot of seaweed in many areas (YUCK). At the beach there is a market, the prices were better than at the pier and they were more willing to barter. Against all good advice we ate at a little restaurant on the beach, the food was AWESOME, and we were fine. I think including souveniers we may have spent $75 the whole day. Hope that helps.