Thread: Kids on cruises
View Single Post
Old May 3rd, 2009, 06:43 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Martha C

Quote:
Originally Posted by thasic
I have a kid and I take her cruising with me. I prefer Disney but I have gone on the Freedom as well. I keep my daughter out of the adult areas and watch over her. I like to think she's polite but other old crones may disagree. Guess what? If you don't like my kid, stay in the adult areas. I'll insure she doesn't bother you but I will not prevent her from existing just because you don't like it. I am all for adult only cruises. I am for singles cruises and elderly cruises and gay cruises and every other type of cruise. The more the merrier. However, if the cruise you choose to attend allows children, live with it.

Look, I'm not saying that kids should be allowed to run amok. I require my daughter to show a certain amount of decorum. In the dining room, she sits between my wife and I. She stays in her seat. She does not yell scream or cause a disturbance. If some one at the table just can't stand kids, I won't be insulted if they move to another table. If they ask me not to bring my daughter to dinner any longer, I'll tell them to kiss my cherry red butt.
You seem a very thoughtful traveler. My son was always a good traveler, though we never did a cruise with him. But, I think we could have with no problem. At age of 3 on he would allow ladies to go first, hold open doors, said please and thank you, ate with his mouth shut - much better manners then most grown ups I know. On the other hand, I live in Vegas and have seen how some people on vacation, just don't give a rats butt how their kids act, as long as the kids are leaving them alone. They let kids get away with things they would never allow them do at home. I remember being at a hotel pool and there 4 kids 4 to 9 swimming without any parental supervision. Lifeguards are only there to keep kids from drowning. You never know when someone would lure a child away.