View Single Post
Old May 4th, 2009, 11:03 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBCRUZIN'
I have cruised RCCL, NCL and Carnival as a solo. Carnival is the most solo-friendly of the major lines. RCCL makes no attempt to group solos together for dinner. On both of my recent (2008) solo cruises on RCCL, I was tabled with married couples for dinner. Most of RCCL activities are singular in nature so the chance for comraderie is minimal. Their pool deck layout is not conductive to see, be seen or talk to other people and groups.

Because NCL is anytime dining only, it is also not very solo-friendly. However, I found it easier to meet and talk to people on NCL than on RCCL.

On RCCL I felt alone. On Carnival I never feel alone. In fact, more often than not, a solo with a little personality becomes a bit of a celebrity on the ship because everyone (crew included) wants to make sure you are o.k., have everything you need and are not lonely.
another issue is pricing ! RCCL, Princess, and Celebrity all wish to hit me for 200% rate. No thanks !
You are correct, Carnival does adknowledge it's single/ solo patrons.

Read and post cruise reviews

Read and post cruise reviews
/ticker.png">