View Single Post
Old May 6th, 2009, 01:55 PM
Admiral

4 day out of Galveston makes me think you are either cruising Carnival or Royal. Norm's advice is good for Celebrity, but the dress codes have changed on Carnival and they no longer have "formal" night they have "elegant" night. Here is the dress codes for Carnival. http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Dress_Attire.aspxHere is Carnival's dress code:
Cruise Casual Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Sport slacks, khakis, jeans (no cut-offs), dress shorts (long), collared sport shirts; Ladies - Casual dresses, casual skirts or pants and blouses, summer dresses, Capri pants, dress shorts, jeans (no cut-offs).

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Casual dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, gym shorts, basketball shorts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men and baseball hats.

Cruise Elegant Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Dress slacks, dress shirts. We also suggest a sport coat. If you wish to wear suits and ties or tuxedos, by all means we invite you to do so. Ladies - Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; if you‘d like to show off your evening gowns, that's great too!

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Elegant dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, gym shorts, T-shirts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, jeans, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men, sportswear, and baseball hats.

According to this all you need on Carnival for Elegant night is Dress slacks and a dress shirt. The dining room to me is a special feature of cruising. In normal live we don't get served that way. So don't let your clothing make you miss this special experience. I hope that helped.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994