View Single Post
Old May 7th, 2009, 11:18 AM
Cruise Maniac

Things start going pretty quickly once you get near to actually getting on the ship. The picture thing is about the last thing before getting on. I'm talking about actual photographs here not the ID. Be sure and remember where you put the little piece of paper that has a number or something like that on it that tells you where your boarding picture will be in the photo area. We swore we didn't have one and then my husband found it in his pocket. Decide ahead how you want your pictures done. The whole group would be nice and then do one of just you and your husband if you want. Do it even though they are trying to keep people moving. I always like to get the boarding photo. Be careful about photos. You can end up paying a fortune. They take photos every where. Formal night is a good night for pictures. Go ahead and get in all the picture taking opportunities. That way you can find one you like. Oddly enough one of my favorites of my husband and me is the quick one the roving photographer takes in the dining room. Then you check out the photo shop at intervals to look at the pictures they have taken of you and see if you like any.
Make sure you look cool for boarding. I've got a couple I wish I could do over. But they still bring back that great memory of starting the cruise.
Go up to Lido and look at all the food offerings before getting something. There will be plenty of time.
Oh yes! Remember this. The waiters up on Lido on the outside seating are walking around passing out really good looking tall drinks with fruit and little umbrellas. Don't grab and say thanks. THESE ARE NOT FREE!!! I've seen several people get a shock after they've handed out a table full of drinks. Oops! I hate to think they are trying to trick people but..... On the other hand if a tropical drink will go along with your sailing mood go for it just remember you're paying for it. If you're not used to sailing or drinking you might want to take it easy until you get your sea legs.
Before long you will be standing at the rail sailing away waving to anyone on land and you will never be the same again. You are just too cool.
Carnival Dream-Oct 2010-Eastern Caribbean
RCL Oasis-May 2010-Western Caribbean
Carnival Fantasy-April 2010-Mexico
HAL Ryndam-Sept 2009-Alaska
Carnival Holiday-May 2009-Cozumel
Carnival Celebration-April 2008-Key West, Nassau
Carnival Liberty-May 2007-Panama Canal
Carnival Miracle-Apr 2006 (1st for DH)- Mexico, Belize
Carnival Holiday-Feb 2005-Mexico
Carnival Fascination-Dec 2000-Nassau