View Single Post
Old May 18th, 2009, 09:57 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlb1050
katlady, I just looked at the article on the other board and it states that it was the April 28th sailing, so that would mean it was cruise she was on.
Thanks Nlb1050 the article didn't make it clear what sailing this happened on. The people who cruised on April 28th sailing of Splendor made one port stop San Francisco on a seven day cruise. Carnival has sent an e-mail recently to these people and offered them 50% off the next cruise. Carnival didn't have time to arrange other ports or give the people on this cruise the opition of rebooking. So I think Carnival was more then fair, the problem is the people didn't find this out until after the cruise.

My guess is because people were upset at missing the Mexican ports and feeling they would not recieve a proper refund a lot of them removed their auto tips. This caused concern among the crew on how many auto tips were removed. So to address the concern the e-mail was sent and posted. I doubt this would happen under normal conditions. I understand being upset I don't understand taking it out on the crew who can help what happened.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994