View Single Post
Old May 19th, 2009, 08:29 AM
Admiral

It is certainly a glorious morning here in upper East Tennessee as well, B/W.

Not much on the agenda today. I cut the grass yesterday (when I was a kid, that's what they called it and now today, I guess everyone says "mow the lawn"). All my neighbors have gorgeous lawns often with outfits such as Lawn Doctor coming out throughout the year to weed and feed, etc. I don't have that kind of money (not to mention I have half again more lawn than anyone on this side of the street which would only make it that much more expensive). But I did find out that if I mow it short enough and more often, when the weeds are all cut short they look just as good as everyone else's lawn! On the lawn just in front of the house itself, I tried "weed and feed" about ten years ago. It ended up by killing all the weeds, converting the "front lawn" to "front mud." I learned my lesson.

Taking the "Boss" to Wally World today for some staples. We're out of peanut butter and bread. As a kid, I hated the stuff. As an adult, I live for two in the morning when I wake up and have my peanut butter sandwich on good old American soft white bread....you know, the kind of bread the "experts" say is bad for the kids today because it doesn't have enough fiber and your parents all went "Ugh! It's too soft!" Well, I notice FLower's Baking's Butter Bread is flying off the shelves at around two dollars a loaf so I guess a lot of people are still buying it.

Peanut Butter sandwiches aren't the best thing for diabetics. When I have one (or God forbid maybe even two (Fran doesn't count the bread slices heh-heh-heh)), I don't take my sugar test in the morning. I don't want her to check and find 235 or a similar even higher number.

You'uns take care! Prayers continue for those on the list and of course, Blessings on all 'o you'uns!

Todd