View Single Post
Old May 19th, 2009, 11:49 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicalgal
Thanks for clearing this up for me. We have always had our tips applied to our Sign & Sail card in lump sums per day. The confusion was over the "pre-paying" of tips.

We tip with the envelopes at the end also. Is it true that these tips "HAVE" to go into a pot for all the ships crew?
I'm not sure about the pooling. The Carnival site indicates certain amounts for people in specific positions. Whether the people in those positions share a pool is a good question.

There is also the option to pre-pay your tips before the cruise. In this case you pay the tips along with the rest of the cost of your cruise. This amount shows as a credit on your Sign & Sail and the tips will still show as a debit. I suppose you might still be able to adjust them on board - has never been an issue for me.

The only envelopes I have seen on two Carnival cruises were for the maitre'd. I think the tipping envelope is becoming a thing of the past.

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, 2014, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014