Tried it ... didn't like it because it was like a cattle stamped. HOWEVER .... it did not occur to me that I didn't have to get off the ship on first call.
The idea of just hanging out on Lido until last call is a wonderful suggestion. DUH!
There are several advantages to it though ...
1) you will still have all your things in the morning and don't have to risk getting off the ship in your jammies because you forgot to leave clothes out to wear
(yes this is a high risk factor 8) )
2) you don't have to have everything packed and in the hallway by midnight. (last cruise I threw everything in the suitcase as they were picking up the luggage at 1:00 a.m.
3) you can sleep a little later if you want to.
The disadvantage to me is ...
1) you DO have to drag your luggage down the hallways and off the ship.
2) the cattle stampede ** this one longer counts because ... duh ... you can get off the ship at last call**