View Single Post
Old May 25th, 2009, 09:12 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Well it is a windy overcast memorial day. Sobering weather for a somber day of reflection and appreciation for those who have served our military and lives lost.

Not much happening here today. I will probably get caught up on some household chores around here and then relax a little.

Coffee is brewing, d/s is awake. The other two are still in their beds sawing logs.

Spent most of yesterday outside. Finally finished the mulch and planted my purple rose of sharon hibiscus. I have been hunting high and low and finally found one. I hope it is as pretty as the one I have in the front yard.

The kids and I have been watching a robin's nest out on the back patio for quite a while. The eggs finally hatched a few days ago and it has been very educational for all of us to watch this very devoted mother and father robin care for their brood. We found that both parents care for the babies and take turns sitting the eggs and feeding them. I didn't know that Robins mate for life. With all the time we've been spending out there on the patio, there are lots of things going on with nature we never noticed before. Its all pretty awesome. We get a kick sitting back and watching all the babies open their beaks and wait for mom and dad to give them a refill. It must be exhausting because these little ones seem to eat constantly. I think they are used to us, since they don't seem to be put off at all by our presence.

Well I need to go get some laundry folded and put away. Hope you all have a great day.

Read and post cruise reviews