View Single Post
Old June 1st, 2009, 08:54 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Papeete to Honolulu - Airports - Princess Cruise

Carla,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
I have been looking at the princess cruise that departs from Hawaii and ends in Papeete (Tahiti).

Can someone tell me how to search for flights from Papeete to Honolulu or some of the airlines that would fly from a airport near Papeete?
Air France flies round trip between Papeete (Pap'-ay-ay'-tay) International Airport (PPT) in Faaa (Fah-ah'-ah), a suburb of Papeete, and Los Angeles International Airport (LAX). Air France is a SkyTeam partner with Delta Air Lines and Northwest Airlines, so you can book connecting flights on either of those airlines on one ticket for seamless connections. A recent expansion of their codesharing agreement with Air France will make this flight a "codeshare" flight in the very near future.

I think that you will meet the mileage requirements for a legal "open jaw" itinerary returning to your home from Honolulu on Delta or Northwest with no problem, so you can split the "round trip" fares to the respective destinations.

Most flights to/from Papeete do not operate daily, so you may need to stay in French Polynesia for a day or two before your cruise depending upon the days and timing of the flights. I found the Tahiti Beachcomber Intercontinental Resort to be a great place to stay on Tahiti. If you prepay your room, you can get a very good rate!

Norm.