View Single Post
Old June 20th, 2009, 12:07 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to vi reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorcrazie
Even so, Vi, I wouldn't worry too much. Carnival is not as rigid as some of the other lines, even for the supper club. Usually, as long as people are dressed nicely, no problem. My hubby hates anything traditional and while a tux makes him look yummy, he is not happy in it. Same with most suits. I stopped pushing the issue years ago and now he tries to dress to look like he should be with me...his choice of words. I'm sure that your family will look just fine. We did not find the supper club to be that much dressier than the regular dining room. You're in the Caribbean and since extreme casual is the code by day, it doesn't shift too far in the other direction at night. Longer cruises (2 weeks or more) draw older, wealthier crowd, so tend to be dessier.
Marty
Thanks yes, I'm sure he'll find something he's happy with. A nice good quality suit is probably the way forward. Now, I agree with you, I love men in black tie. Fortunately for me DH quite likes to dress up on special occasions. On the other hand, I guess a tux is too much for the supper club though.