View Single Post
Old June 22nd, 2009, 12:02 AM
Captain

Hello all,

I just returned from a back to back cruise to Alaska on the Island Princess.
After reading a few negative opinions, I have to admit that I was a little more observant than usual. Since this was my fourth cruise on this particular ship, I was astounded at how the ship had been maintained. The ship condition was as good as one would expect from brand new ship. There were even bridge lessons and duplicate bridge games during our cruise. Many other lines, unless it is a TA crossing, have dropped this activity due to budget cuts. The activities were many and varied, even with two weeks onboard; I was unable to do everything that I would have liked to have done.

The food and service were also way above the normal standard for mainstream or premium cruise lines. All of the staff that I came into contact with were very friendly and helpful. Our room steward was probably the best we have ever had on any cruise. She even remembered my name and would always greet me, by name, whenever we would happen to meet on the ship.

For my cruise, Princess even offered an upgrade to elite status for both cruises. I enjoy sailing with a company that proves every cruise that they want and appreciate my business. For me, having tried several other cruise lines, I will continue to sail with Princess.

Happy sailing to all.

Debra

Winston Churchill

email: debra2106@yahoo.com