View Single Post
Old June 30th, 2009, 11:36 PM
Passenger

I visited the Tulum Mayan Ruins last summer and it was awesome! We went to Tulum when our ship, The Facination, docked in Cozumel. It was my first trip to Mexico and I didn't mind the 30 mile ride through the countryside at all especially in an air conditioned bus. The only drawback was we only had 1 hr. and 15 minutes at the ruins. The bus stopped at a co-op before we arrived at the ruins and we waisted about 40 minutes there. Of course, they want you to buy things there which we did. Tulum is a walled city and the view from the cliffs looking over the Carribean Sea was breathtaking.

Two weeks ago we visited Altun Ha Mayan Ruins in Belize. though not as nice as Tulum it was still quite facinating. I was able to climb to the top of the main temple which you cannot do at Tulum. As part of the excursion, we took a tour of Belize City but I could have done without that. If I had to do it all over again, I would have taken the boat ride up the River Wallace to the ruins. I think that would have been alot more fun.

Hope you have a good time!
Carnival Valor June 14, 2009 (Grand Cayman, Honduras, Belize & Key West USA)