View Single Post
Old July 5th, 2009, 07:23 PM
Passenger

Default Liberty of the Seas moving to NJ???

Several months ago there was discussion concerning the rumor that Liberty of the Seas would be moving to Port Liberty in Bayonne, NJ. I just returned from a 9 day cruise on Explorer of the Seas. While attending a Crown and Anchor party I used this oppotunity to ask Captain Olav Nyster to comment on the rumors that Liberty of the Seas would be moving to NJ. He commented "That's news to me!" He flatly denied that Liberty of the Seas would be moving to NJ. He went on to say that Explorer of the Seas is the only ship out of NJ.

A waitress in the Crowne & Kettle Pub commented that Liberty would be moving to NJ. She knew some deals as to how the transition would take place. She stated that RC would market Liberty by connecting the name of the ship, Liberty of the Seas to the port, Port Liberty and the fact that the Statue of Liberty is within view as the ship departs from NJ.

I was hoping that Liberty would move to NJ. As a resident of NY, we enjoyed leaving out of NJ. Any opinions/info on the subject?

MikNLara
Sponsored Links