View Single Post
Old July 5th, 2009, 10:21 PM
Admiral

Default Re: airfare

Ruth,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
I am still needing someone to provide info on the cruise itself --anyone been around the horn? What are the must see shore activities--I am a former science teacher.
I have not taken that specific cruise, so I can't make recommendations one way or the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
Clothing recommendations(how cold will It get in the far south)? We are veteran travelers ,just never taken a cruise. Is there a laundromat on board? --we will be staying an extra week in Argentina so will need clean clothes.
The latitude of Cape Horn is about comparable to that of Seattle or Vancouver, and cruise ships go there in the summertime of the southern hemisphere. Thus, you can expect normal daytime temperatures are in the mid-80's and normal morning lows are in the uppr 50's or lower 60's. For gents, I recommend polo shirts, as you can wear them with shorts or slacks in the daytime and with slacks on "casual" evenings. For ladies, casual tops with skirts, slacks, or shorts are acceptable in the daytime and the same tops with skirts or slacks are appropriate for "casual" evenings.

Your cruise will have three (3) "formal" evenings, and Celebrity is the most traditional of the major cruise lines, so "formal" really DOES mean FORMAL. The official dress code actually is "modified formal" for these evenings, so gents may wear either "black tie" (tuxedo or dinner jacket outfit) or a dark business suit with a dress shirt and necktie and ladies really do "dress to the nines" in either an evening dress or a formal cocktail dress.

The ship does NOT have a laundromat, but DOES offer a hotel-style laundry and dry cleaning service. The prices for laundry service are comparable to those of most dry cleaners here in the States.

Have a great cruise!

Norm.