View Single Post
Old July 9th, 2009, 07:17 AM
Admiral

[quote="Mike-Suz"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by momofmeg
Quote:
Originally Posted by dina
BTW, the atrium staterooms only sleep two people-did you book two with connecting doors?
My step daughter, her husband and their child booked a promenade stateroom on Freedom OTS during our last cruise, 3 in a cabin.

(how you can call these things staterooms at 160sf and not cabins is beyond me...)
The cruise line calls them staterooms. I did not think it was bad-the size-for 2 people. However, if our daughter had roomed with us, yes we would have wanted a larger room. she was with us, that cruise,but she shared with a friend.
Now once, we shared a 120 foot room with our daughter on Sovereign of the seas. Now, that was one dinky room. Our walk in closet at home was larger.

If you like large stateroom-HAL's older ships are good sized. Ironically, when we took our Alaska cruise-our pre-cruise hotel room was actually smaller than the room we had on HAL, and it was only an ocean view. I was amazed at how small a hotel room in a Howard Johnsons could be in Vancouver.

In England, we had dinky hotel rooms too, not as large as balcony staterooms. Probably, about equal to the 160 square feet of the atrium staterooms.