View Single Post
Old July 14th, 2009, 07:30 PM
Beginner

Hi G/L cruisers!

Happy to have found this board. I've been enjoying reading the messages on here and have picked up a lot of good information.

I'm Mike (54) and my husband is Jay (49). We live in Long Beach, California. We've been together for over nine years, and got married last summer while it was legal here. We have been on four cruises before--all to Mexico on Carnival. Since they sail out of Long Beach it is really convenient. Now we are ready for something different!

We just booked our latest cruise a few days ago. We were going to wait until next spring but we found such a good deal we couldn't resist! We are flying to Seattle on Sep. 18. Then we are taking the NCL Star one-night cruise from Seattle to Vancouver on the 19th and then the Golden Princess from Vancouver on the 20th. It is a repositioning cruise from Vancouver to L.A. with stops in Nanaimo, Victoria, San Francisco, Catalina, and San Diego. We have friends in Seattle, San Francisco, and San Diego, and are planning to meet up with them for lunch while we are in port.

This will be our 5th cruise--6th if you count the one-nighter--and our first on Princess and NCL. We are looking forward to seeing a part of the world we've never been to before. A little hesitant, though, that it's going to be cold and dreary! Since we live in So. Cal. we're terribly spoiled.

Anyway, glad you all are here.

Mike