Thread: The food on RC
View Single Post
Old July 21st, 2009, 07:00 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianeteacher407
I also do not cruise for the food. Did anyone read the latest idea that the airlines have come up with: Your fare will be based on a combination of your weight and the weight of your luggage!

The reason that I want to know is because the food on Mariner was soooo bad, that my husband will no longer cruise RCCL. He just could not get over the fact that one cruise line (Carnival) could have such delicious food and RCCL was soooo bad! Everything, and I mean everything tasted the same. The lobster, if you want to call it that was pitiful! Do not ask for seconds. Your waiter looks at you with a stern face.

For me, I do not even finish firsts, however, my husband sometimes, when the food is edible asks for seconds.

We actually had a couple on the Mariner in 2007 who ate their way through the cruise. The ate 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 dinners and had no less than 4 meals served in their cabin! Their tastebuds must be dull as the food was not good enough for one meal, let alone about 10.

Diane
I haven't been on a Carnival ship and I'm not sure that will ever happen but I have heard they have stepped it up as far as their food is concerned. But, I definitely have to disagree with you as far as the Mariner food is concerned. I really don't see how anyone can say that the food in the MDR is that bad. Yes, there were items that I've had better but if there is any item you don't like on the menu, of which there are many, you can always ask to have it replaced! Our wait team was phenomenal, if my husband couldn't decide between two items they would just automatically bring both. I just don't understand how some people can have so many problems with food. Yes, it's great to have good food, but there is so much more about taking a cruise! And, who cares what other people are eating, that's being way too judgemental!

April 26, 2009 Mariner 7nt Mex to SF - oops!
June 1, 2008 Millennium 12nt Alaska Cruisetour
April 17, 2006 Infinity 11nt Mexico
October 28, 1978 Delian Daphne 17nt Mediterrean/Black Sea

Click on WWW below to see our pix!