View Single Post
Old July 22nd, 2009, 07:48 PM
Captain

Sunday July 12th

Sea Day

Cruising the Inside Passage

Beautiful sunset picture from Day 1 I will share since we didn't get any pictures on Day 2.

[url]

Woke up to gray skies, chilly temps and slightly rough seas. A drastic change from Day 1 but don't worry -- this wouldn't last. The fog was thick. As a matter of fact, the ship's fog horn is what woke me at 6 am. Since we really couldn't see the scenery, we used the day to relax and explore the ship.

We attended the ship's Naturalist Lecture on Alaska bears which was informative but left me confused as the lecturer was scheduled to give talks on Financial Planning and then Relationship Communication later in the week. She was a Naturalist/Financial Planner/Therapist all rolled into one!

We attended the Meet and Mingle at 1pm which was fun! I had never attended one before and my family was ready to bolt at any minute but we had a good turnout, Marianna of the cruise staff was great at getting things rolling and answered all of our questions. It was nice to meet my fellow Roll Call members (who we would run into only once or twice for the rest of the week!) and my family ended up staying for the entire meet. I would definitely attend again.

Which brings us to TIP #4...

TIP #4 Attend the M&M. There is a crew member there that you can ask all those silly questions you have but were too afraid to ask, you'll meet some nice people, it takes less than an hour. You'll be glad you did. Trust me.

Rest of the day was spent relaxing in the hot tub, napping on a lounge chair in the Solarium, and playing pool on the nifty self-righting pools tables. We used the pool tables a lot on this cruise. Drink of the Day = Northern Lights -- just ok.

In the evening, we spotted a rare Alaskan elephant on Deck 7.

[/img]

Disney Wonder
RCCL Serenade of the Seas