View Single Post
Old July 22nd, 2009, 06:52 PM
Captain

Monday July 13th

Icy Strait Point

I was really looking forward to this day!! We had a private whale watch excursion with FISHES planned for 11 am. The sun was shining, the sky was clear and it was actually warm enough for shorts.

Since this is a tender port, you should give yourself extra time to get off ship as the lines can get long. However, even this didn't keep us from almost missing our excursion.
My daughter and I were turned away from the tender b/c RCI had replaced our SeaPass but never informed us. The rest of my family went ashore but we had to race to Guest relations to get a new SeaPass then try to get back onto a tender.

When we finally made it across, Floyd of FISHES was waiting in the parking lot with another family who were eager to scoop up our spot had we not shown up (and then lost our deposit). But we made it just a few minutes late and Floyd drove us to his boat in Hoonah where he also lives.

We were enjoying Floyd so much that we barely remembered to take pictures but we did see a Grizzly on shore, sea lions, eagles, salmon and hump back whales. Floyd has a hydrophone that picks up whale noises and is incredible!! When we weren't watching whales, we were listening to them. They can be very noisy!!

We had Floyd drop us off at The Office where we hoped to get some lunch but it was packed so we walked the mile to ISP.

[/img]

Disney Wonder
RCCL Serenade of the Seas