View Single Post
Old July 27th, 2009, 07:53 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default In general, on-board activities: Have you noticed a decrease

On our last NCL cruise in March this year (2009), I was told by one of the lecturers that NCL was reducing the number of onboard activities shortly after that cruise was completed (lectures, photography, dance lessons, trivia contests, etc.). Previously we had been told that NCL was increasing their offerings through the program called NCL University (NCLU) which was in turn, part of Freestyle 2.0. From our experience, the courses in NCLU were mainly geared toward drinking courses at the various bars along with some towel folding courses where you could buy a video to take home and make towel monkeys for your grandkids when they visit.

Not to sound too cynical but we were hoping for more informative course offerings especially on sea days. We have had some very interesting classes on our 12 cruises in the past.

As for my question: Have those of you who are familiar with NCL in the past seen an appreciable decrease in the number of class offerings on recent (past 6 months) cruises?

We will be on a Canada/New England cruise this fall and if the weather is not great for outdoor activities, we hope that the options for indoor activities will be favorable.

As always, I appreciate all comments from the large sea of knowledge out there.

Thanks,
-Jim
Sponsored Links