View Single Post
Old July 31st, 2009, 03:59 PM
Admiral

Default Socializing with the Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurse Debra
Just returned from a b2b cruise on the Island Princess. After cruising Celebrity and Princes for several years, I can say that service was good on Celebrity but the service on Princess was definitely a step above. I have seen the raves about Celebrity's passenger to crew ratios in their advertising promos, but IMHO, Celebrity still does not surpass the service and the friendliness of the crew on Princess.

There are also many other things to consider when selecting a cruise line to spend your vacation dollars with. The service level is certainly one of the things to consider. Other things that IMHO are even more important are the true character of the management of a cruise line and how they handle problems when they do come up, the way that a company maintains their ships and the reliability of a cruise lines ships. Even the past passenger programs offered to show a cruise lines appreciation to past passengers is also important. On these last issues for consideration,
my experience has been that Princess wins hands down when compared to Celebrity.

Debra
There is no way that I want a member of the staff calling me by my first name, especially the Room Steward.. and yes. I agree that it is part of their job and they would rather hang around with other members of the staff.. First of all your on the ship for one week, maybe two.. then there are a new group coming on... Never in 24 years have I found a more, lets put it this way, no better not.. incompetent Purser than on the Pacific Princess..rude, could not understand english. and a simple name like "smith" and every time I had to SPELL IT when I wanted that particular cabin.. Oh yes.. and if your a repeat client.. how do you tip.. Do you expect the crew to remember you cruise after cruise wen they have more than 1000 people at a time usually.. I think not.. Some people leave an impression....for better or worst. Besides.. the nicer they are to you.. the better the review which they want and maybe you will slip than an extra tip.. BTW that's another story..the tipping....