View Single Post
Old August 13th, 2009, 03:15 PM
Cruise Maniac
Send a message via Yahoo to vi reynolds

Originally Posted by caballita de mar
About the pickpokets, well, they are everywhere. I don't know why people think in Barcelona when they listen this word. It's true that in Las Rsmblas and in the Magic FOuntain of Montjuic in the Plaza EspaƱa there are some, but you must be very unluky if they steal you, because there are a lot of people in this places. But with this I don't mind that you shouldn't be careful.
Sorry, caballita (I love your user name by the way - studied a little Spanish at school and loved it also), yes, pickpockets are everywhere. I should know that since I lived in London for years. In fact my only bad experience in this regard happened in Paris on the metro. New York is certtainly not better either. I didn't mean to put people off Barcelona, especially since I'm a Barcelona nut!

Thanks for the tip about 'menu del dia'. I remember taking advantage of it a few times and my husband and I found it very good value but the tapas I just love. There are lots of tapas bars now in London, some in the US too but it's hard to find authentic ones reasonably priced.