View Single Post
Old August 18th, 2009, 12:52 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormKat
Beware! NCL is pretty good with their surcharge for the specialty restaurants. We were told that charge covers the gratuity. On Princess, we paid a surcharge for a specialty venue and the matre' d followed my husband out of the restaurant and advised him that a tip was also expected. I guess NCL gets their extra bucks from the plastic glasses that you HAVE to purchase in order to get some drinks.
WEll let me tell you something, you do not have to purchase plastic glasses to get any drink, you do have to make it clear you do not want your drink in a specialty glass. I am floored at what happened to you on Princess, that is totally inexcusable. Oh, and the surcharge does not cover the tip on NCL or any ship I want to add. Many years ago it did, that is where the comfusion comes in, but may I add, you do not need to tip extra if you do not want to.

Now, to the person asking about a la carte, NCL has had a couple of A La Carte choices in both Le Bistro and CAgneys as well as the sushi bar for 5 years or more. Most things do not have extra charges.

Nita