View Single Post
Old August 18th, 2009, 11:32 PM
Captain

Default Re: BARGAIN CRUISE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrot Mom
"I usually cruise about once a year , but I just booked my 3rd cruise, this year, on Princess. The Princess bargains of $299 for a week cruise to Alaska proved too much to resist this spring."

YOU must know somebody to get a cruise for $299.00 for a week to Alaska.. I assume it's an outside cabin with a balcony..mid-ship... As somebody from the Northeast there is no way that I want to go to Alaska... even in this 95 degree heat and high humidity we are having here right now.. Whales can be seen off the coast of New England... those gentle giants and o course the sea lions and seals..as for glaciers...ice and snow aren't my style..lol
Actually I did not have to know anybody to get the great price on Princess. All I had to do was to go to the princess web site and log in. After that I just looked at prices for early May on Princess. It is true
that Princess does offer great prices on some cruises to all members of their past passenger program. Some cruise lines do have almost non-existent benefits for their past passenger program, but fortunately Princess does offer very good benefits to their past passengers.

The cruise you were referring to with the price of $299 was for the May 11, 2009 sailing of the Island Princess to Alaska. It is true that Princess does offer excellent value but the $299 price was for an inside cabin and not as you had thought an "outside cabin with a balcony, mid-ship". Sorry to disappoint you on that one.

On the bright side on the first few cruises Princess did throw in a free upgrade to elite status for the first few Princess cruises to Alaska this year. This included a free complete bar set-up, free tickets to the wine tasting, priority boarding and disembarkation 150 free Internet minutes and other perks. No wonder I want to stay with Princess!!!

As soon as they have majestic mountains, an untamed wilderness, moose, caribou, bears and decent temperatures, I will stop cruising to Alaska and try a cruise along the East Coast.

Debra

Winston Churchill

email: debra2106@yahoo.com